My old buddy Al Einstein once said...
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide
your sources".
So, I am hiding my sources ....
because, well, Al was a genius. And if I want
to be creative...I should listen to the old boy.
Yet, in order not to have waves of uncontrollable guilt-
I will tell you, I stole the idea for this post from
someone, who stole the idea from someone,
who stole the idea from someone else.
Here goes...
*****
*29 things I've learned while being 29.*
1. I have learned that each time I look
at pictures of my sweet babies, I think how
fast they are growing and changing.
So I've decided to bask in their cuteness
every single day, because today's cuteness
will be tomorrows pictures.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide
your sources".
So, I am hiding my sources ....
because, well, Al was a genius. And if I want
to be creative...I should listen to the old boy.
Yet, in order not to have waves of uncontrollable guilt-
I will tell you, I stole the idea for this post from
someone, who stole the idea from someone,
who stole the idea from someone else.
Here goes...
*****
*29 things I've learned while being 29.*
1. I have learned that each time I look
at pictures of my sweet babies, I think how
fast they are growing and changing.
So I've decided to bask in their cuteness
every single day, because today's cuteness
will be tomorrows pictures.
2. I have learned that bread doesn't have
to come from a store.
And I don't have to rely on my
mom to make it for me either.
to come from a store.
And I don't have to rely on my
mom to make it for me either.

4. I have learned that there is a blessing
associated with every commandment. We receive
promised blessings when we obey each commandment.
Knowledge and understanding
are key to obedience.

5. I have learned that 'Seventh Generation
Emerald Cyprus and Fir' scent leaves a delightful
smell in your bathroom,
without the nasty chemicals.

6. I have learned that 'Safety Kids
Protect Their Minds'
is a super way to teach your little ones
about the dangers of pornography, without
giving them too much info
that they aren't ready for.

7. I have learned that just when I think
no one will be able to take
the place of President Hinckley,
I realize that whom the Lord calls, he qualifies.
And I am so thankful.

8. I have learned that even though I am 24 years
her senior, Myra will always be my mentor in
patience.
11. I have learned that each person on
this earth has a unique and tremendous mission.
When those who have touched
our lives go on ahead,
the lessons learned and the memories
made are ours to keep until we meet them again.

16. I have learned that occasionally
having ants in my house
doesn't mean it is the end of the world.
I have learned that insects and people
can coexist peacefully...until I can find
something that will exterminate
the little devils for good.

17. I have learned that if you really want to learn
something well, find someone to teach you who
has proven themselves successful.

18. I have learned that fighting the boy
over what he wears is a battle that I should not pick.
What difference does it make if he wears
sweat shorts and a t-shirt to church
anyway?
19. I have learned that gardening is kinda like
mothering...hard work, but incredibly fulfilling when
you can see the good fruits of your labors.
20. I have learned that each year my capacity
to love grows. Just when I think I can't
love this guy more....I do.
22. I have learned that nothing helps you sleep better
than a hard day's work.
than a hard day's work.
23. I have learned that one should not
jump higher, run faster or stay up later
than she/he has the strength.
24. I have learned that gardening
can give you a super sweet
farmer tan, even if you have
lily-white skin.

25. I have learned that tender mercies are poured
out everyday. I just need to keep my eyes open wide
enough to notice them.
26. I have learned that the best way to teach
children is by being a good example.
Sometimes that is just really hard.
27. I have learned that time is one of ourmost valuable gifts. Every minute counts.
Life is too short to waste time
focusing on our troubles,
when there is so much good to be done.
28. I have learned that my family is
my greatest treasure.
I knew this before...but I am learning it
more and more each day.
my greatest treasure.
I knew this before...but I am learning it
more and more each day.

29. I have learned that each year only happens once.
After it's gone, you can only look back
and remember.
I am gonna try my hardest to
be the best I can be, do the best I can do,
and always, always....
Enjoy the Journey!

Here's to a grand year of being 30!
Look out world...I am an adult!
{Have a Splendid Week}
{Have a Splendid Week}






9 comments:
Em, you should write a book. Even when it is long, it is still intriguing and inspiring. Maybe Louisa Mae is rubbing off on you??
I loved hearing about some of the things you have learned these past thirty years....and may I say, they have been wonderful years for your Ma and Pa. We love you. Mom O.
Love it! Happy Birthday welcome to the club! It isn't all that bad and I hope you had fun at your reunion.
It is amazing when you look back on how much we really do learn from those around us, especially those darling children that have been blessed to be with us.
Love ya!
How fun! I bet that took some thought at least it would have for me! If I can find the time I may have to steal your idea;) I hope you had a great Birthday! I was thinkin' of you! I'm so glad you are my sister! I have an amazing family! I just wish I was closer so I could see you all more!
Thanks for being so wonderful! Love you 10 x 30 and then some!
A Very Merry Unbirthday to You, to you! You are such an inspiration to all who know you. Thanks for sharing such great wisdom with us!
Have a wonderful 30th year!
Love ya
Ginger
That was very cute and entertaining. You have a way with words.
Hope you had a great birthday. I think the 30s are the best age. It's the next 10 years that scare me.
Emily
Emily,
Love your blog--happy birthday! You show great wisdom for a young'un!=)
What a wonderful blog. My eyes are sweating a little. When I grow up I hope I can be just like you. Happy Birthday. Love Grandma Castle
P.S. That last picture of you was adorable. What a pretty lady you are. Love C
This was one of the greatest posts on a blog ever. I had to read the whole thing, even if I am late to work. Keep up your great work with everything you do, and thanks for being such a good example to me.
Post a Comment