I forgot to tell about our power outage in the last post. Gosh! Last Sunday, soon after returning from church, our power went out. It was cloudy and windy out...and we figured it would be back on in just a jiffy. Well, the minutes turned into hours...and we were without power until close to 7am on Monday morning.
Bryan made popcorn on our little camp stove, we read The Bird's Nest together, ate cold cereal, played board games and drove around our dark little town watching the extra bright stars.
Then we went to bed early, via candlelight.
All of the winter rains have brought hordes of weeds to Garden Cottage. Myra, Bryan and I weeded the edge of East Garden...
while Myles mowed West Field...
and the Littles had a royal ball on South Mulch Pile.
For our monthly girl/cousin day with my mom, my sisters and all of our kids...we went to the park for a picnic and let the cousins play their hearts out. It was a great day with yummy treats, sunburned noses and a slight mishap of Matt's drone getting tangled in Myra's hair (nothing a little screwdriver couldn't solve).
The younger crew anxiously
waiting their turn on the carousel.
waiting their turn on the carousel.
Matt was the best sport and rode with Maisy, so I didn't lose my lunch...
like Myles.
The triplet cousins (all born the same year) are growing so fast. Teenagers already.
Good grief!
Back at Garden Cottage, the honkers are all headed north.
The mini-strawberries are all turning red.
Myra harvested the last of our winter beets.
We are doing our best to harvest and use/preserve all the kale before it goes to seed.
The carrots are also going to seed, so we pulled them all up...and found this little braided beauty.
I suppose I should do a little better with thinning the seedlings, eh?!
A lot of kale was made into chips...the carrots juiced...the beets pickled.
On Saturday, after my uncles birthday party, Bryan slapped a little paint on our brown and fading doors. Good ol' Garden Cottage is getting mighty patriotic.
Even though I loathe the time change and having to get up an hour earlier...I enjoy the lengthening days and the extra daylight to work and play in. The change of seasons always bring good things with it. I planted our pepper patch yesterday along with a few more pickling cucumbers and some tomatillos. Besides a few possible herbs and melons...our spring garden is completely planted. Now we just watch, tend, cross our fingers and wait.
March is a busy and beautiful month here in the desert.
Life is such a glorious blessing!



















