Wow...that was one toasty weekend!
The same sort of weekend
that brings much gratitude
for our trusty air conditioner...
and all the other seasons of the year.
Still, we decided to ditch the heat,
for a day, and went hiking
in the mountains.
{More on that, later on, due
to so many pictures...
so little time.}
But we also tried to be brave
here at home.
Bike rides at sundown.
that brings much gratitude
for our trusty air conditioner...
and all the other seasons of the year.
Still, we decided to ditch the heat,
for a day, and went hiking
in the mountains.
{More on that, later on, due
to so many pictures...
so little time.}
But we also tried to be brave
here at home.
Bike rides at sundown.
Cold treats.
Early mornings in the garden...
Late evenings in the garden...
And the rest of the time was spent in
the great indoors.
{Although the kids were game for
playing outside in the hot
afternoon with the neighbors...
in the water.}
Myra is reading Sense and Sensibility
for her June book. She is loving it,
and we are having great fun discussing the
many adventures of the Dashwood girls.
Apricot syrup proves to be
delicious on multi-grain waffles.
Our colorful heirloom tomatoes
are making delightful salsa.
The chicks are funny...
and Pollyanna is growing herself a
nice pair of black pants.
During the blessed springtime, I am always ultra
eager to plant much in the garden.
Sometimes I forget how butt-hot it gets here, in the
summer...when all this wonderful food needs
to be harvested. But, this spring, I remembered.
I only planted a very short row of bush beans, which are
devils to harvest...even in nice weather.
And, boy am I proud of myself.
Fall beans taste much better...anyway.
:)
And then there's my nose.
Remember my nose sore from
last summer?
Yeah, what can I say,
the sun brings out the best in me.
So...my bandaid's back.
Next summer, maybe I'll sign up
for rhinoplasty.
This one looks like fun?!
Hope you are staying cool...
keeping your beaks out of the sun...
and enjoying these happy days of summer...
wherever you may be!
{Have a Grand Day!}









